Sunday, April 17, 2005

My New Book, the Official Price Guide to Dolls, Just Published!

Its hard to believe that its been a month since I last posted here, but owning my doll shop (Katherine's Cottage) has been a bit of a whirlwind in the last few weeks. On the plus side, my new book, The Official Price Guide to Dolls has just been published by Random House books. I've really enjoyed meeting collectors and discussing the book in my shop so far.

On the down side, I crushed my left index finger in a car door that slammed on it. Ouch. Makes it hard to move doll boxes around the shop, type on the computer, change doll clothing--you know, just about everything I do all day long at the shop!

We're still tripping over new doll boxes at the shop, and we've had our yearly drama about Annette Himstedt doll allocations (we still have a few dolls available). We are eagerly awaiting many of the new Tonner dolls, yet dreading what is sure to be an avalanche of Tonner doll deliveries in May through July.

We've already received many of our new 2005 Madame Alexander dolls. We didn't put them out right away because we are waiting for a display case, buy we got sick of waiting, so we put a bunch out. We are sure that will mean that the case will now arrive immediately.

If you are curious about my new book, visit The Official Price Guide to Dolls

1 comment:

dolls like us said...

I don't know if you got my last attempt to blog if you did throw this one out . I love dolls to I also am a writer I wrote International Book Of Love A Dolls Like Us Book By Sharon Wortman we are tall,short,fat,thin,black,white,oriental,male,female,young and old this is how I make my dolls look . You need more pictures photos of your dolls .I make photos of my dolls http:www//dollslikeus.com