Tuesday, March 15, 2005

More doll boxes! And yet more boxes...

When I shop for the store at Toy Fair, I really TRY to space out delivery of my purchases. Evidently, I don't succeed very well. Today, again, I'm drowning in boxes! At least they are boxes full of wonderful things. One of my favorite items we received today is the new American Girl Mystery books, which are chapter books featuring the American Girls in mysteries. They are for an older group of girls, age 9 and up, than the other books in the series. We also got some miniature American Girl dolls which are adorable!


Then, there are the latest Ashton Drake RealTouch™ babies--they are so life-like; everyone who comes in the store wants to hold one. But..the boxes. The boxes are HUGE, and I can't understand why--the dolls are no bigger than the Lee Middleton dolls, yet these boxes are as bulky as can be. I don't know where I'm going to put them!


Besides my exercise from unboxing and moving the entire store room around today, it was also just a fun day to be in my shop--sold lots of easter bunnies and other basket items, a Tyler Wentworth Sydney, a Tyler trunk, three porcelain dolls, Italian Charms, baby items. People always ask me, why does Katherine's Cottage carry so many other things if you're mainly a doll shop? Well...it certainly helps in a smaller town to diversify, but also its my sneaky way of getting people into the store who otherwise wouldn't ever be exposed to beautiful dolls!

No comments: